Page 1 - Reviews - Solgar, Evening Primrose Oil, 1,300 mg, 60 Softgels - iHerb
TZ

Posted on Aug 16, 2021

I have had pcos for almost 8 years after giving birth to my first child in my early 30s. In addition to consulting doctors, trying herbal treatments etc, I started with taking epo in the last 3 years. Just this year, I gave birth to my second child after 10 years from my first pregnancy. While I cannot attribute epo as the sole contributing factor for my pregnancy, I believe that it played a part for my general well being and regulated my moods and ovulation cycle (even though I technically didn't get my period for the last 8 years). I don't want to sound overzealous, and epo isn't a miracle supplement, but it definitely helped me.

Posted on Jul 30, 2021

I love iHerb and the community here is very informative but I'm not going to lie, I did discover Evening Primrose Oil through a tiktok video where a girl said it helped her hormonal imbalance. I did check out the detailed reviews on iHerb and was further intrigued by it. I have a hormone imbalance and my doctor advised me to go on birth control. When I was 22, my previous doctor recommended me birth control as well but I discontinued it after 2 months because I drastically started having severe cystic acne, feelings of anxiety and depression. Ever since then and my research on birth control, I've been scared to try another brand or form of it. I have been taking EPO for three months now and I also have to admit irregular periods have always been an issue for me. Before taking this, my period would normally skip every other month and when I did have it, it was excruciating for me. While taking EPO, I've had my period every month! I feel like because I've had my period more consistently than ever that the pain and the drainage on my energy has actually lessened. I also have been using the Tactupump cream for the occasional “maskacne” that I have been getting during covid. The tactupump cream makes my skin peel and dry out but I believe that the EPO has aided in smoothing and improving the moisture in my skin since using it. Overall, I recommend this to anyone who is interested in trying it and to do their own research on how it can benefit you. However, from my experience I do think without any other supporting arches in your daily routine that this product on it's own will not help. Like any other supplement, EPO can help support a health condition you may have and improve your overall health. As for the brand and pill itself, it's so easy to swallow despite its intimidating size and is tasteless. It also comes in an impressive glass bottle with a metal lid. I love it. I will definitely be repurchasing this product again!

94c2c27e-4ab3-48f4-8e03-c9030cb1b0a6
0c30343e-9e93-4bf5-a226-613dafd9f6c2
Posted on Jun 6, 2022

The quality and the ingredients of this product is good, my mother is old in age so she is benefiting from all the omega and fish oil in the package, helped her with her hair lose, inflammation, heart health and even cholesterol. The gel capsules have no taste, which makes it easier to swallow!

Posted on Apr 21, 2022

I have taken evening primrose oil before to help with the side effects of my monthly cycle. Most take a while to build up in your system. This brand started to work effectively almost immediately! I take these mainly for severe breast tenderness and these work like magic! they also help with mood and cramping. I will continue to buy this brand as long as I can.

Posted on Apr 5, 2022

I finally made this purchase after being initially skeptical, so I was really surprised that it worked this month. I started taking it on the onset of PMDD symptoms and throughout the week, and it helped alleviate the cramps and joint pains I would usually have. Also great that it doesn't have a very strong smell or taste.

Posted on Feb 10, 2022

I used to get paralysing menstrual cramps, and taking evening primrose seems to have alleviate the symptoms (at least, I'm a functional human being when the cramps hit, even without painkillers). This came in a huge bottle, and I couldn't be more pleased by the price point and delivery speed

Posted on Feb 2, 2022

I like Solgar. It's a trustful brand that seems to never sacrifice quality. You're paying for quality and quality control. This softgels are big but easy to swallow... I'm usually using BlueBonnet Evening Primrose Oil, but I wanted something less expensive and as good. I'm not disappointed!

Posted on Nov 20, 2021

Perfect for the Sauna Niacin Detox protocol. I feel like this helped balance my hormones and I had clearer thinking and better sleep while taking it. I took it under the management of a health coach. Softgels are on the larger size but if you take one at a time with plenty of water it is not bad at all. I have bought this item more than once.

Posted on Oct 17, 2021

I’m very happy with This product and the price is right for me too! I’m purchasing my second bottle now and I’m going to continue getting them. Quality of the evening primrose is easy to consume. The package of this product keeps the pill fresh. The 1300mg ingredient is helpful to me as I just have to pop one pill instead of two.

Posted on Oct 7, 2021

This Evening Primrose Oil from Solgar is the best for me. I am a woman over 50 and my holistic dietitian told me about the benefits of Primrose oil or Borage oil, because I had hormonal imbalances, which made my body feel tired, irritated and a lot of times I was feeling depressed. I tried out a lot of brands and tried out borage as well as primrose oil. Taking these pills from Solgar, 1 a day with my dinner, makes my body feel at peace and also my mind is more at ease. It is amazing what such an oil can do for your body! I really notice it when I forget to take it for a few days and I also have noticed a difference with other brands.