Page 1 - Reviews - NOW Foods, Sports, Pea Protein, Pure Unflavored, 12 oz (340 g) - iHerb
TZ

Posted on Oct 3, 2021

This is a clean pea protein, of the highest quality I have found. In general - any protein based on peas - its texture is noticeable. For those who value a high level of protein absorption - which will consume * only * pea protein, and if you want high quality pea protein - then you need to make sure that it is organic, with no additives at all. It is important to know that some amino acids decompose in heat, so it is really important to be careful - to consume it at a lukewarm or cold temperature, under no circumstances mix it with hot liquids and certainly not to cook it.

cb4bff1e-1498-405c-9745-41f3e1f5b724
08a16c04-202d-4001-a387-38febfef1a6f
67685eb8-10df-440d-8abb-a892c3f4a333
Posted on Jul 14, 2021

I bought it for making smoothies because I’m vegetarian and need protein +I have Hashimoto and drink lots of natural veggie smoothies. The powder is thick and when you open the bottle do it carefully because the scoop is usually deep on the bottom. Please give me like if my review was helpful for you, thank you

06bfca51-96fc-4ca1-acbe-5e402b99e135
b5668c55-2223-4334-9367-847b1e7c5d49
Posted on Jul 13, 2021

Been drinking this a few weeks already. It gives me constipation. I dont mind the sandy feeling it has when mixed , nor do I mind the flavour, which mainly gets hidden with add ins i put into the shake. Not sure if i will buy pea protein again, i feel whey is easier in my stomach. I found the scoop after a week of drinking, as they buried it deap inside the container. Was very happy to see a container finally filled to the top unlike most of the products i buy from iherb, a huge plastic container half or quarter filled. So thanks NOW for not waisting too much plastic. Additional review after finishing 1 bottle....Im hooked to this one, so give it time for your body to get used to it. I can now say that i love this stuff. No more constipation, in fact it works well. I love it as a shakeor with granolla, blended with Cocoa or a green powders or berries, whichever version i choose for the day, delicious.

db808aa6-526c-4721-8b08-e12042fa38b5
Posted on Jan 27, 2022

First time to order this pea protein, i ordered based on the reviews, im excited to try this to build my booty 😬 fast delivery! 👌🏻 Update: feb. 14,2022 Honestly i dont like the taste of unflavored just i try but i dont like even i mix it with milk and fruits, nxtime i will order the flavored one

4c92111d-2e41-4c0e-af74-a420cbeaa6be
283d631b-af63-406b-bb19-51994079581b
Posted on Jun 8, 2022

I love this pea protein, it dissolves very good in any smoothies or shakes, has no nasty taste, don’t taste it in smoothies. It contains non GMO yellow pea protein, what is very good for low carb, paleo and AIP diets. highly recommend it to use instead of animal proteins for breakfast for example.

49d576ed-f31f-47c4-8792-fb2ac739f108
Posted on Apr 9, 2022

Great quality plant based protein with good ingredients and convenient packaging with a handy scoop. Like the nutrition and vitamins and the fact it’s pea protein. Doesn’t have an unpleasant taste, although I love to add it to smoothies with berries or chocolate flavorings for a low carb diet.

b17e82ca-4211-4e65-bc5c-8b4195215d40
b9a9a318-9126-4f01-92df-36dbf938b957
f0b0da40-c639-4270-819d-578d13bcea9b
Posted on May 3, 2022

Unlike other protein powders that contain one of the top allergens like soy and dairy-derived whey, pea protein is hypoallergenic (unless you're allergic to peas). For me doesn’t have a chalky taste or gritty texture like some other protein powders. The powder is also easy on digestion. I also saw over internet that NOW protein powder holds the highest level of assurance with the Informed-Choice and Informed-Sport certifications. So happy with my choice 😌

Posted on Mar 8, 2022

I mix this with Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder, as well as Wisdom Stevia packets. This way I make my own Chocolate flavor. What's the point of doing it yourself? Well Ill tell you. Most of the chocolate flavored proteins are unnaturally flavoured and full of chemicals. Thats how big companies usually flavor products cheaply, and with great taste. Doing it yourself, you can control what goes into your product. Also it works out cheaper too. Healthier and Cheaper = GREAT! I have been doing this for about 1 year, and it works well for me! I have this shake every morning!

Posted on Feb 20, 2022

I have been looking everywhere for a whey free , pure protein!! I was a bit nervous about the pea protein tasting too much like a pea soup!! BUT it didn’t. There was a pea flavor but with the additions for your favorite smoothie it hides it well. The powder is very fine and mixes very well. Not chunky or grainy. I mixed my powder with cocoa power, almond milk, DF and GF eggnog and some sugar. I think next time I will cut the cocoa powder. It was a great afternoon snack!!! Highly recommend this product.

Posted on Nov 21, 2021

No real flavor, so add your own (cacao powder and some sweetener will be great additions, or even cinnamon or peppermint powder with the cacao for something different!). The size/quantity is large and the package is good for re-using for storing other things (the screw top is fairly air-tight). If you use with soy milk, this will be very filling. Use water if you want it to be less filling. Helps people either lose weight (when used INSTEAD of a meal) or gain/maintain weight (when used WITH a meal as a fortified drink).